Friday, March 18, 2011

March 7th Letter Home

Hello Family!


Just so you all know I have 10 DAYS LEFT...not 9.

Wow Jake Armstrong is serving a mission… that’s AWESOME!!

I am feeling better, my stomach doesn’t hurt as bad and I don’t have diarrhea much. It’s for sure not our food I watch her cook and we drink nothing but purified water but I will be okay.

I am for sure going to be keeping the habits and all that I need to when I get back. I will for sure be going to institute, school, singles branch (if necessary) and work and all things necessary. That’s so weird that Carly is an adult and will be doing those things too...

I had an awesome week!

Monday after writing you guys not too much of anything exciting happened that day.

Tuesday My companion and I were focused on baptizing a family for this last week so first we visited them to see how they were doing and they were expressing some doubts and difficulties that they were having concerning baptism that Saturday and wanted us to visit them later that night. Then before going to the next visit we contacted these people that were out side and found 5 new investigators, and then we talked with another family that we have that our progressing named Bilma and Francisco to make sure they were going to church this week and they informed me that they were. Then later that night we went back to Familia Padilla the family that is preparing to be baptized that week and we were able convince them enough to have a baptismal interview.

Wednesday We had a really bad day that day we walked and walked and walked SO FAR.....and nothing...nothing....NOTHING!! No news no contacts no NADA!

Thursday we had the baptismal interview with the family Padilla just the husband got interviewed but we found out that he was cheating on his wife and selling drugs to make ends meet..........I did not see that one coming. Later we went to the family that we contacted 2 days before and taught them the gospel and they accepted a baptismal date but it wasn’t too positive they live with a whole bunch of other people who didn’t let us in to their house to teach them.

Later I went and did the interviews for Villa Flor we were there for EVER and I interviewed to people to be baptized last Saturday.

Friday just a bunch of visits to encourage people to go to church... no one accepted to be baptized but we did have 1 more new investigator.

Saturday was the activity for the baptisms but we didn’t have any baptisms.

Sunday we had in church 5 investigators 2 families. The prophet sent out a commandment from a revelation that he received that we should focus more on the institute and seminary age students and get them in these classes. So on Sunday our ward obeyed and we did 80 visits to members of the ward active and less active to invite and encourage.

My companion and I received a special assignment to go visit this woman who is the only member of her family and is inactive. Well my companion and I went and it was super far to walk. But when we got to her house we met her husband but at the time didn’t know that, that was her husband. But as we sat down and visited her to get to know who she is we found out that she used to be a seminary teacher and was a really active member of the church. We found out that she had a husband and when I asked if he was home he was just leaving the house and so I called him and asked him if he would like to join us. He was reluctant and said yes. So as we taught him, he was incredible he only been to church once but he knew everything. He never met with missionaries before but he said he was really interested in the message we taught. As we got to the part of the book of Mormon and we taught him about Moroni´s promise he said he was anxious to know, then as we set the baptismal date I had the strongest impression that for this Saturday he should be baptized with out any hesitation he said "YES!!" I love the GOSPEL AND MISSIONARY WORK!! THIS IS TOTALLY WORTH IT! I can only recall the joy that I felt but I was seriously happy and loved this person. His name is Lenin.

But that’s all I have for time right now.
I love you all and will talk with you next week!

Elder Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment