Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Letter from Monday, Jan 24th

Click link to see all the pictures of my life in La Fluente...my zone, district, baptisms, food, gifts, etc.
La Fluente


Hello Family!


I LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!!

Thank you for remembering to email me this time...;P Even though you had to wake up at 2 am, What can I say? Not too many people can sleep with out thinking about me. Were you able to see the pictures of the families that we baptized??

I will be staying in the same area until I am released, I will miss my companion though HE IS SO COOL! I will be training this next companion change - for my FIRST TIME. I was afraid for a second, I thought I was sterile (here in the mission we call the new trainees our kids and until now I have never had any kids).

My final release date is the 16th of March I thought I told you that already?? Im surprised you haven’t got any info from the mission either that’s interesting....That is the last thing that I need is someone planning my life for me. I think that’s how my life was before my mission; I was being babied too much. Ha-ha you know its true......

Well if Carly doesn’t get accepted at BYU Provo there is always BYU Idaho, a lot more are accepted at that school. That’s actually were I’m planning to go. But what exactly does she want to do or study or major in??

Am I getting trunky??.............no. Really im not, you can be surprised, I have been told that I am one of the least trunky missionaries, I haven’t said anything about me going home, unless someone asks. Yeah this last week I had a really good and spiritual district meeting so our district kicked butt this last week. The Sisters finally had a Baptism! YEAH!

It will be very sad to leave Nicaragua especially this area and the people I have grown to love here. My ward loves me, they think im funny or goofy, I don’t know which one of the two. Im actually excited about coming home to school, I have learned how to finally discipline myself to be able to focus and get the job done. Mom, that’s my favorite part, actually my personal goal to get married at 24-25 years old.

Well I have much to talk about this week I will start with

MONDAY well after writing we went back to the house and prayed that we could find a new family that we could help know the Gospel. So with the visits we had they all fell through and so we went to a member’s house to ask for references but know was home. They rent rooms to people in there house so we met Reynaldo and Karen who were there alone. They are a family and we read to them the proclamation of the family and they accepted baptismal dates to be baptized this Saturday.

Tuesday That day I taught an awesome district meeting, I stayed up till 11:30pm the night before to pray and plan to help my district have success and not just me and my companion. Then after district meeting, I felt there was something wrong with one of the companionships in my district. I talked to the Elders and they told me what’s been going on. I know this kid and know that he has done a lot of crap especially with being worthy to receive a temple recommend. I first told him, the two of you wouldn’t be mad at each other if you were obedient, but because you are doing things that you are not supposed to do, you do not have a great companionship. I gave him suggestions of what he needed to do. About companionship prayer morning and night and praying for the other companion like you told me mom and reading a chapter from the BOM together before going to bed.

Then after I finished talking to him he was like, is it okay if I go on divisions with another elder and I was like ha-ha.....no. I told him it’s not healthy for his companionship if he is going on divisions to distance himself from his companion. I found out that later he did.....so he got in trouble for that because I did not authorize it so he got an emergency transfer.

That day was a good day with investigators with baptismal dates. Wilson will be the first of his family to be baptized with complete support from his parents. They also want to be baptized but they don’t have Sundays free that is very hard to tell them to have faith and quit their job, Especially in a third world country. I actually feel so sorry for them, this communist government is so screwed up, they have no controls of their work hours and if they miss their shift their fired.

Flor who we actually had planned to baptized this week we were able to baptize and confirm her last Saturday.

Later that night, we found a new family of 5 to teach: Somarriba family who are huge liberals and supporters of the Sandinistas, so that was interesting to see how a political family accepted the Gospel even though they are opposed to religions.

Wednesday During companionship study (which was awesome) we were going through the Christ attribute test in preach my gospel and my companion had a challenge with Hope. So we reviewed what he needed help on and while I was talking to him I made a my own quote "Do the best you can NOW, to learn from your mistakes to prepare for the future." and then another quote I wrote I told him "DO what God has destined you to do, BE what God has given you the potential to BE". It helped him and me and it was actually really cool. We also found 2 other investigators, EDA and Bryan and set a baptismal date with them for the 5th of Feb.

Thursday not much happened we found a new family of 2 and contacted a lot of people.

Friday Apostle D. TODD CHRISTOFFERSON CAME TO THE MISSION AND I GOT TO SHAKE HIS HAND AND HEAR HIM SPEAK AND TAKE A PICTURE WITH HIM!!!!!! That’s it..........ha-ha jk That day was so awesome though!!! I wrote down everything he said… I LOVE BEING MORMON!

Saturday We found a family of 10 and invited them to church, we baptized Flor… I LOVE HER!! She is so cool!! We also set a baptismal date with a lady that lives in front of our house for this Saturday.

Sunday Elder JAY E JENSEN THE PRESIDENT OF THE SEVENTY CAME AND SPOKE IN OUR STAKE BUILDING THAT WAS ALSO SO COOL!!!

And that’s about it with my week
I love you ALL

Elder BUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment